What are cookies?
Cookies are a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user's web browser while the user is browsing that website. Every time the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user's previous activity. As a result, the website automatically adapts itself to the user improving the browsing experience.
Which cookies are used?
On our website only technical cookies are used. These cookies allow us to make the browsing experience more intuitive, simple, functional and safe. The use of these cookies does not require the consent of the user, however, the website holder is obliged to define the Data Protection Directive according to article 13 of the Law Decree no. 196/2003.
Technical cookies can be catalogued in the following sub-categories:
- Action and preference cookies, that enable the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as language, font size and other personalised preferences);
- Security cookies, that allow, for example, the authentication of the user, to prevent fraudulent use of credentials and to protect data;
- Navigational and session cookies, that are needed, for example, to monitor the browsing session, allow browsing various pages of the website and accessing the reserved area.
In particular, the following technical cookies are used on our website:
|2||-||Analytics||__utma||116733278.1094807985.1...||glouk.it||We use this information to improve the content on our sites. It gives us limited monitoring information: for example, the number of visits by each user, browsers and keywords used.|
|3||-||Analytics||__utmb||1167332126.96.36.1990811072||glouk.it||We use this information to improve the content on our sites. It gives us limited monitoring information: for example, the number of visits by each user, browsers and keywords used.|
|4||-||Analytics||__utmc||116733278||glouk.it||We use this information to improve the content on our sites. It gives us limited monitoring information: for example, the number of visits by each user, browsers and keywords used.|
|1||ShareThis||Ad||http://wd-edge.sharethis.co...||__stid||CiGbsVR9jYwb...||.sharethis.com||Gives a more personalised sharing experience, allowing you to share contents of the website on your favourite social network, for example Facebook.|
|2||ShareThis||Ad||http://wd-edge.sharethis.co...||__stgmap||Q2lHYnNWUjlq...||.sharethis.com||Gives a more personalised sharing experience, allowing you to share contents of the website on your favourite social network, for example Facebook.|
|3||ShareThis||Ad||http://wd-edge.sharethis.co...||__stamap||Q2lHYnNWUjlq...||.sharethis.com||Gives a more personalised sharing experience, allowing you to share contents of the website on your favourite social network, for example Facebook.|
How to disable cookies
Users can set their browsers to accept or reject all, or certain, cookies at any time by following the procedures on the following link: http://www.aboutcookies.org/
We, however, advise you that some operations on our site may not be available, may not work properly or may be slower and less intuitive if these technical cookies are not kept active.
Third party cookies
We use Google cookies on our website. In particular, our website uses Google Analytics, a Google analytic tool which provides website owners information on how users interact with the contents on their website. Analytic cookies are used for this purpose, these cookies may be treated as technical cookies, in that they are used to gather information about the page a user has seen and how the user has interacted with the contents on the website.
To find out more about the Google Analytic cookies please follow this link: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
To opt out of the Google Analytics cookie you must install a Opt-out browser add-on which is available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
How long do cookies reside on the user’s computer?
The time a cookie resides on a user’s computer varies according to the type of cookie employed. We can distinguish two types of cookie temporary and persistent:
- Temporary cookies are session cookies that are erased when the user closes the Web browser. We use temporary session cookies on all our web pages to assign the user a session ID and to memorise the user, so that the user is then able to browse through all areas on our website without interruption. Such ID sessions are also used for internal reports, they do not personally identify the user and there is no retrievable information left on the user’s hard disk.
- Persistent cookies can remain archived on the user’s computer for 24 hours, a week or even years, depending on the function that it is performing. Technical cookies and Google Analytics are persistent in that they are used to identify user patterns over a period of time and to give additional functionality requested in relation to the personalisation of the website and to that of saved and archived contents.
The data controller and the data processor